Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Lady in Red

Dearest Emily,

What a lovely afternoon we had with you and Annabel and Mummy. You did eat a great deal of cherry tomatoes though- quite amazing!

Do you remember when we went paddling at Freshwater Bay, a rather striking lady in a red bathing costume crossed our path.

I remember noticing her as she made her way past us to go for a swim.

As she got closer- I realised that she wasn't just a beautiful woman- she was an amazing woman probably in her seventies!

When I got home- after you'd all gone back to Cowes, I did my usual download of snaps.

There she was behind us heading out to sea. As graceful as she was coming towards us- so she was from behind.

So I've painted us three as a reminder.

If that's how age can add to you Em, there's much to look forwards too...

(Ok, for you that's a looong way off- but for me a twenty year beacon!)


No comments:

Post a Comment