Sunday 1 March 2015

Stand There, She Shouted!

Dearest Emily,

It was lovely to spend time with you and Annabel this weekend. After we said goodbye, Grumpa and I have been to a gig- at Mrs Cameron's old house, and when we got back- a book that I have been looking to stock, had arrived at home.

This book Stand There! She Shouted, by Susan Goldman Rubin, with illustrations by Bagram Ibatouilline is FAB!


Pardon my gushing Em, but this little book is refreshing. It is written by an author who clearly knows her stuff,  and illustrated by someone who has made Mrs C look just how I see her too!


The book tells her story for me- at the core of who she was, and gives a very strong sense of her personality and colour through both the text and illustrations.



Hurrah, for this Em, it shows a clear picture of a lady whom in my opinion has been undersold and not clearly understood in her place in our heritage. I shall be stocking this title avec plaisire!

Thank-you for telling me you will make me up a bed in your room so I can stay, I shall look forwards to it...

Your ever-loving Grand-mother,

GiGi xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail,
    I adore your blog and your posts to your granddaughter. I am thrilled that you have included this beautiful children's book about our beloved Mrs. Cameron in such a fun way! Stand There is, as you say, accurately covers Cameron's life and friends. The illustrations are gorgeous. Mrs. Cameron's face is that of the one in Watts's portrait. Several of Cameron's sitters, employees, family, friends are included: Kathleen Keown, Rachel Guerney, Annie as well. I can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete