Monday 26 August 2013

A Harpy and two Slithey Toaves

Dearest Emily,

Back on my trusty bike today from the Bookroom, I got a call from Grumpa to meet up for a barbeque on the beach with Uncle Joe, James Middleton and Ryan. Set off, along the old railway-line as per usual- and deviated at the last leg, so to speak- in order to cut the corner to the Bay, and meet up in good time.

Took a left up a foot-path to Freshwater Bay. All got a bit hilly, and heard two girls approaching, so considerately veered off to the left, and promptly landed upside-down 75 degrees head-pointing down a  (rather steep) valley covered with brambles and nettles. Bike holding me up with one hand, other hand grasping nettles, that are keeping me from falling into more nettles and brambles, and then more nettles and brambles until I hit the bottom.

Hmm.

Lovely girls as shocked as me- offered their arms to pull me/ the bike up. Problem was, the bike is keeping me from falling into the nettle/bramble valley- along with my left leg that's caught under it- and my right hand that's clinging onto some brambles and nettles. So- we extrapolated the bag in my left-hand with milk carton spilling, which then had to choose to grab some more nettle/bramble securage deliberately. We achieve. Next-up, bike removal-done. Then careful movement of left leg under body for leverage- and wildly positioned right leg into some position of sanity for righting GiGi to vertical rather than less than horizontal 'fallage'.

Done, composure regained (just.) A big thanks to the lovely girls, who like me, were all a mixture of as to whether to laugh or cry! All's well that ends well.

As I write, Em, I have a rather strange nettle buzzing in all of my extremities, my tummy and my elbow, and a few grazes!

Silly Grandma.

Back to the story...

So, we had been introduced to the setting for your soon-to-be-born sister's book. We had established GiGi (the cleaner) and the cat. We had discovered the 'Purga Tree', and I had told you that some creatures inhabited it. So, here they are...

Number One- 'Harpy Lapette'.

Harpy is a Carrion Bird and WILL break the skin to eat her prey.

Harpy Lapette generally lives in the Purga Tree, but does visit Mrs Cameraman's house from time to time. More or her role at the Purga Tree later, but for now let us see who she makes her entrance with...

The Slimanuiss Toad:-

A Slithey Toave, from the Slithey Toave Gang

Slimanuiss Toad inhabits the muddy waters, but he spends a lot of time at the Purga Tree, and with Harpy Lapette, visits Mrs Cameraman's house for grubs.

Our third character is a really 'Fun-Guy', his name is Ethan Saftertie Pseudolar...

Ethan also inhabits the muddy waters.

Here they are all together Em, do you like them? They aren't my 'colouring-in's', they are free-hand and I'm looking forwards to our new little likely story, how abut you?

Lots of love from your ever-loving, nettle-stung Grand-mother, GiGi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment